The main objectives of the Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania are:
- Establishing professional business and financial standards, thereby enabling members to deliver better engineering consulting services in the interest of their clients and the general public.
- Safeguarding ethical standards of the profession and ensuring that those standards are maintained when offering professional services.
- Providing a ready medium through which members can consult with each other on all matters of professional interest, and affording a means by which the operating procedures of the profession can be conducted.
- Formulating policies and guidelines upon which the practice of professional consulting engineering services shall be performed.
- Protecting and serving the public welfare, by establishing standards for the competence and conduct of consulting engineers in Tanzania.
- Supporting and assisting in the advancement of the profession of consulting engineering in Tanzania.
- Promoting the professional interests, rights, powers, privileges and economic welfare of consulting engineers.
- Promoting harmony, cooperation and mutual consultation amongst members of the Association on matters pertaining to professional engineering services.
- Acting as a conduit and information repository for members, and providing corporate services for their common purpose and benefit.
- Cooperating with public bodies and other organisations in matters of mutual interest.